BUILD YOUR OWN WEDDING BANDS
An experience. A story. An everyday reminder of your love, handcrafted by you and yours to last a lifetime.
Born out of Nick's hands-on approach to creating custom jewelry, we are proud to offer couples the experience of handcrafting their wedding bands in a build-your-own workshop led by our expert team.
Join us for a day-long event in which you learn metalsmithing techniques including sawing, forming, soldering, and finishing. With options including engraving and texturing, we are committed to helping you craft the perfect ring to represent your love.
How do I know what width to pick for my Build Your Own Wedding Band Workshop?
When selecting each of your preferred widths, always round up. For example, if you would like a 2mm wide band, select the narrow width (see chart below). In the beginning of you workshop, you will be provided with your metal blank.
Can I do the Build Your Own Workshop Alone?
Yes! We’ve designed the workshop to be an experience for couples to create each other’s bands, however, if you are interested in working individually, the pricing remains the same to reserve the day, plus the cost of one piece of metal instead of two.
What materials will we work with?
This workshop is all about metal! You may work with your choice of yellow gold, rose gold, white gold, platinum or even sterling silver.
Can I use my own metal?
You can use your own metal. The metal you provide needs to be inspected, possibly refined, dissembled and impurities removed. Fresh metal will need to be added and ring blanks created. Therefore, pricing is on a case by case basis
Please provide ring size. Should you need assistance you can stop by our shop M - F to have your finger sized
Based on your preference, you will be provided with a flat piece of metal in the following measurements:
Slender [ 2.5mm x 2mm ]
Narrow [ 5mm x 2mm ]
Medium [ 6mm x 2mm ]
Wide [ 8mm x 2mm ]
* To be able to experience and honor the old world process of jewelry making, you will work with your partner to achieve the final aesthetic, width, fit and finish of their choosing. We will guide you on how to get there and with what tools.
14K or 18K yellow, rose or white gold or platinum.
$1,500 per couple for the workshop, plus materials cost per person.
* Prices subject to change based on fluctuating gold market
Contact us at email@example.com email to schedule a Saturday workshop!
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY OF
- Payment due in full prior to workshop
- Safety/Release form filled out and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to workshop
- Start time of 10:30am. Plan to spend anywhere from 4 to 6 hours with us
- Please arrive with closed toe shoes, hair tied back, and clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Lunch will be provided
- We will photograph your experience so you can focus fully on the craft (surprise gift to follow post workshop!)
- Champagne, wine, or whiskey toast
- Leave with two fully finished wedding bands
BUILD YOUR OWN COUPLES
“Nick and Katie worked with my husband and me to build our wedding bands. We started in the morning with bars of platinum and worked until we had the most beautiful results! Nick and Katie were the perfect balance of guidance and hands-off exploration. They allowed us to make mistakes and then fix them, and the entire experience was amazing. We are so happy and proud to have created two heirlooms with such wonderful backstories for our new family, and we plan on going to Nick in the future any time we need jewelry.”
— Kate & Aaron